Friday, August 29, 2008

The Law of Attraction and Time Management

I have to share a tried-and-true time management tactic that I've just begun to use, but first, have to share my excitement!

My copy of Money & the Law of Attraction arrived today! I got started reading over lunch, and can hardly wait to keep on. In fact, I'm going to block some time just for this book.

OK, back to time management. I keep CD's in my car and work on my education any time I have to drive somewhere. Early last week I gave a second listen to a Glazier/Kennedy CD and heard again about time blocking. So I tried it, and I really am accomplishing more. I'm also feeling better about it.

The idea is to block out a certain amount of time for each of the tasks you must accomplish - and of course to put first things first so you don't miss deadlines or put off doing the things that will bring you the greatest rewards. We humans seem to be experts at "busy procrastination" that keeps us doing trivial things and putting off the important ones.

My trouble always has been thinking that I had to do it all "today" and then ending up accomplishing nothing because I couldn't decide where to start.

With the time blocking method you know when you'll get at each project, and it removes the pressure of thinking you have to do everything at once. The only real problem is deciding which things can wait until another day. My method is deadlines and promises first, business-building activities next, and routine bookwork after that.

The second important benefit to time blocking is that time once blocked cannot be interrupted. In other words, you don't take phone calls or go throw a load of laundry in the washer. And you don't let your mind wander off to the other tasks you think you should be doing. You simply focus on the task at hand.

From a psychological standpoint, you're telling yourself that you will accomplish a certain thing within a set time frame - and the result is that you generally do so. The speakers on the CD didn't mention the Law of Attraction by name, but that's what they were talking about. You state an intention, you believe in it, you do it.

Yours for prosperity,

Marte

P.S. If you haven't ordered your copy yet, I recommend that you do. This book is really something!

1 comment:

Judith Robl said...

Marte,

A wonderful piece of information! It may not be "new" but it bears repeating because we seem to forget it on a daily basis.

Time stealers are one of my biggest problems. Thank you for putting priorities back into perspective for me.