Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Who are these hype-masters? And who listens to them?

I don’t know about you, but I am completely put off by these marketers who write things like: “Great Frigging Call!”

Maybe it’s just because I have an aversion to that word (after all - we know the word he WANTED to say), but the hype that goes along with it prompts me to do just one thing: DELETE.

World events and the economy have created a great need for marketers to build something that maybe wasn't so important just a few years ago. That something is trust.

Before we part with our hard-earned money we want some kind of assurance that we're dealing with someone credible. We're tired of being scammed and flim-flammed. Shoot - we get enough of that from our elected officials, we don't need any of it from people in business!

So - in my humble opinion - the hype masters need to clean up their acts. They need to quit being offensive and become trustworthy.

Tell me what you think... because maybe it's just me.

No comments: